About the West Pasco Historical Society
Museum address: 6431 Circle Blvd., New Port Richey, FL 34652
Mailing address: P.O. Box 1904, New Port Richey, FL 34656
What We Do
The historical society serves several functions for the local community.
- Manages a museum that exhibits local historical archives.
- Keeps historical records, photos and information for the area.
- Serves as the main resource of historical information for the community.
- Educates and entertains the local community by hosting events.
- Conducts tours and field trips for the local civic groups and schools.
- Performs outreach activities.
- Publishes historical books and articles.
The museum is housed in a building which originally served as the Seven Springs school house. The school was in operation from 1913 to 1925, but the schoolhouse which became our home was built in early 1915. The building subsequently became a private residence of Ed and Willie Maude Frierson.
It was purchased then donated to the historical society by Alex Acey. It was moved to Sims Park in October 1981 and dedicated on January 16, 1983. The Library addition was added in 1992.
The interior of the building was extensively remodeled in 2010-11. At the grand re-opening ceremony on Sept. 10, 2011, the museum was re-named the Rao Musunuru, M. D., Museum and Library, in honor of a significant donor for the museum renovation. The forty exhibits and the museum layout were redesigned in 2019. The museum is handicapped accessible.